Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life

When one tries to recount their life, it's strange how some things are etched into your memory and others aren't. Little things that seem to have no significance are so clear, yet major events tend to be forgotten. I don't have any good memories of my prom or college graduation, but I can remember exactly what the weather was last summer when I saw the flamingos at the zoo. Life is strange that way, people come in and out of your life, you develop new interests, you have heartbreaks, you break hearts. I guess the only thing definite in life is that it will always catch you by surprise. Sometimes I miss the good old days when you were a kid and everything was so simple. When having a good time wasn't going to a bar, but rather playing flashlight tag in the backyard. When the concept of love or what the future would hold didn't matter, but you simply lived life day to day and had fun. At the same time, growing older and developing those lasting friendships and relationships with people is extremely gratifying. I've been lucky enough to meet some of the best guys and girls out there and they all affect my life in a different way.

A lot of people aspire to be rich and famous, but for me it's different. I think a lot of times people think professional athletes and celebrities have the most fulfilling lives. They get the glamour, the money, the girls, the fame. But I think it's the normal everyday people like you and me that live the most fulfilling lives. There is nothing more important then lasting friendships and relationships in this world. I've always believed in quality over quantity. Having three or four great friends is better than having twenty aquaintances. It all comes down to who you can count on at the end of the day to have your back no matter what. I can honestly say I have people in my life that I wouldn't trade anyone for.

I know this blog is kind of corny and sappy but that is in essence who I am. I'm a sentimental guy that will never hide my feelings. It's funny to me that people are so scared to speak their mind and be honest. If people don't like it then screw them they aren't worth it. Even though I'm going through kind of a tough time right now, in reality I'm one of the luckiest people in the world. I think a lot of people take life for granted. Little things in life that may seem significant are really nothing compared to what others are going through in this world. I'm lucky enough to have great friends, a great family, and my health. I've had the opportunity to do things most people in this world would never have the chance to do. I think if we all started appreciating things in life more we would be a greater society as a whole. Before I leave tonight, I want to just say that writing a blog or a journal is such a cathartic experience. As a person who often says the wrong thing, I feel like written words is sometimes the only way I can truthfully communicate what I feel. I hope you enjoyed this blog because there will be many more to come.

P.S

If you ever find yourself feeling sentimental here are a few tunes to put on.
When A Man Loves a Woman-Percy Sledge
Have A little Faith In Me- John Hiatt
Stand By Me-B.B King
In Too Deep-Phil Collins

I'm out, more to come later this week, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment