Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Settling in Relationships(Part 2)

For anyone who missed Part 1, I talked about the factors that lead a person to settle in a relationship. To read Part 1 just go to my dashboard http://kdillinger.blogspot.com/.

My third factor of why people settle in relationships is that people think there is no one else better out there. I've felt like this before in my own life. This could be a valid point if your 40 years old, but people in their 20's and 30's, especially in this day and age, I don't see the the point of settling. I think some people think being a relationship is better than being alone, whether the relationship is healthy or not. How many times have we all heard " well all guys are jerks", or "all girls are crazy." That is just a cop out. Is this statement true on some levels, of course. I agree that probably 9 out of 10 girls or guys you meet wouldn't be good " boyfriend" or "girlfriend" material, but isn't the chance you'll meet one that is worth it? I sure think so. If not, the most important thing, as cliche as this sounds, is to be first and foremost happy with yourself. I know I'm still working on that, and to this day I'm still self conscious about my balding. But it's true you can't be in a good relationship if you aren't happy with yourself.

The hardest part about "settling" is you really never know if you are at the time. You only know when you step away from that relationship or meet someone else. The sad truth of the matter is a lot of people will never take that risk. I truly believe if you are meant to be with someone it'll happen, but there is nothing wrong with not being sure. Some people know with one hundred percent certainty( or at least they think they do) who the one for them is. For that they should feel very lucky. However, for the rest of us, don't settle, take chances, and enjoy life whether that be in a relationship or not.

I want to apologize for not writing in awhile. Again, I tend to take more time with this blog than the sports one so I don't write as frequently. I will be attending my friend Hayley's graduation this weekend so I will probably not write again until Sunday. I would be happy to hear any comments or personal experiences you have with this topic. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment