Sunday, August 16, 2009

Love and Happiness

I have been a hopeless romantic most of my life. I've always believed that finding love was the most important part of life. However, I've come to realize, that this is simply not true. Sure, love feels great, and anyone who has found a person that they connect with on that level and love unconditionally is very lucky. However, it's most important to be happy with yourself and independent. It's cliche, but it is really is true that you have to be happy with yourself before you can make someone else happy.

One of the hardest things to do in life is to let someone you love go. I've had to do it and it isn't easy. It's hard to let someone go who you've been close to for so long and who has been there during so many of your best moments. I think a lot of times that's why people stay together or get back together. We all want to believe that those best times can come back and that the fighting will stop. That the doubt will eventually go away. We all want to be loved, but the reality is sometimes it takes breaking things off to put things in perspective. In retrospect you realize how unhealthy the situation was. Sometimes, the most unselfish act is letting someone go.

Everyone deserves to beloved unconditionally. If you can't give a person that, then what is the point of staying together, especially when you are young. I don't believe in love at first sight, but I do believe when you meet the right person you will know. Maybe not right away, but pretty soon. I think there is definitely a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.

I've realized that I don't need to be with someone to be happy cause I relish my independence. I feel like people rush into relationships because they see everyone else doing it. What is the rush? Have fun and when that love does come around you will know, at least that is what I'd like to believe. Sometimes the way you show you love a person is letting them go. Letting them have the chance to meet not necessarily someone better, but better for them.

I wrote this entry because like most of my blogs, I have gone through a situation like this recently. I was lucky enough to spend a long time with an amazing girl, but I realized I'm not mature enough for a serious commitment in my life at this point. Like anything else timing is everything. Would it be different in 5 years, who knows. All I know is I'm confident that we will both be happier because of it.

Thanks for reading everyone. I'm going to Boston Thursday to visit the only group of friends without a weak link I've ever heard of. The guys are truly great and all bring something unique to the table. Until next time.

Next Blog: Looking back on the college days

No comments:

Post a Comment