Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Love Actually is the greatest movie of all time



I just got finished watching the greatest movie of all time, Love Actually. Cynics will say it's too corny or that it's not "realistic". You know what I say to that? Who cares? I go to the movies to feel good and be happy. If I wanted to see realistic stuff I'd just go out my front door or turn on the latest horribly depressing news story.

Why is this the greatest movie of all time you may ask? It has all the elements that make a great movie. Comedy, romance, realistic issues in relationships, drama, great acting, great music. What else can you ask for? For me movies are all about the characters and the relationships they have with each other. It's not as much about clever endings or twists.  These people are people we can relate to. When I was a kid I had a crush on the girl down the street. I could definitely see myself running through the airport to find her. It's the romantic in me.

The relationship between Liam Neeson and his son is my favorite in the movie. The way Neeson manages to still believe in love and be there for his son despite the recent death of his wife is inspiring.  Or what about Hugh Grant and his secretary. That scene when the curtain goes up and shows them making out makes me tear up every time.There are just so many relationships in this movie that people from every situation can relate to. Whether it be heartbreak, new love, cheating, dealing with loss, jealousy. It has everything.

I never thought a movie would impact me as much as Forrest Gump but this has.   Whatever your favorite movie or movies are they should be movies that make an impact on you well after the final credits have rolled. Here are my top 5 movies of all time.

 1.Love Actually
2. Forrest Gump
3. The Fugitive
4. Office Space
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Honorable Mention:

Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber. Besides Office Space, the two funniest movies ever.

1 comment:

  1. Karl, amazing! Finally someone agrees that Love, Actually is the greatest movie of all time! I have been saying this for years! Hands down, my favorite movie. I could go on and on about it. Next time you're out, let's watch together! :-)

    ReplyDelete